Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sawatdee-kah (Hello)

Whew, lots of hours of travel, but finally made it to Chiang Mai, Thailand!  I did manage to sleep a little bit on the plane... but basically I am currently working on being "up" for about 48 hours!  
At the airport I exchanged some US dollars for Thai Bahts... $1 is about 35TB, $3 about 100TB.  The taxi ride to the hotel was 140TB, so about $4.  Can't beat that!

One of the entrances to the street market.



After relaxing for a few minutes, I changed into cooler clothes (hot and humid here) and headed out for the Sunday Market.



Hundreds of booths with a huge variety of clothes, foods, spices, art, jewelry, etc.


And here are some of the Tails!


The river divides the Old City from the New City.



Tomorrow morning I will be picked up and taken to the Elephant Nature Park.  Then...
                                                            ... let the tails begin!
Pob-kan-mai!  (see you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment