Saturday, November 12, 2016

Surgery time!

Puppy spay with Ben, the Thai technician.
 Thursday, Nov10.  Up early writing my journal on the laptop.  I can't get my sim card to let my phone be the hotspot,so I can't post my blog, but I can get it all written and the photos picked so I can post several day when I get backto Chiang Mai.  While writing, I was able to check my phone and live chat with Vik back in FL!!  Yippee!!  We will chat a few times during the week.  I am 12 hours ahead of her.  Easy enough to remember!

More rain this am.  All last month was dry, the "rainy season" ended, now it is raining!  Go figure!
Hernia repair on puppy.
 I had two surgeries scheduled for this morning.  We did a puppy spay first thing.  Went very well.  Several dog volunteers wanted to watch.  Ben is the Thai technician.  He is excellent.  He does all the anesthesia and prep.  But he had more treatments to do, so the rest of us prepped the puppy with the perineal hernia for surgery.  Dr Thai originally saw the little fellow when he was brought into the clinic with a prolapsed rectum. It had been prolapsed for a long time.  She put in a purse-string suture, then the little guy herniated.  On exam I found he has a tight constriction in the rectum.  I got a good reduction of the herniation on the right, but still herniating on the left.  Will take him back for surgery next week for the other side.  Unfortunately, I think with the constriction, he will always have problems.  Poor little fellow.  He is very sweet.
 More treatments through the day.  Dr Thai had been gone since I arrived. She returned today.  Dr Vicky and Carolina left this afternoon.  Drs Thai and Peach are leaving for the weekend.  I will be in charge for a day or two!  Yikes!

Pink (???) Water Buffaloes.

The regular dark water buffaloes.


Aaaahhhh, plenty of mud pack!

Another good storm this afternoon/evening.  If it was not for the lightning, I think we would go tubing again!  It would
be a hoot in the rain!

After a good dinner and visit, off to bed.
Until later!


Whiskey says "peek-a-boo"!

Mud time!


No comments:

Post a Comment