Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Traveling Tails!

Nice sunrise overlooking the fields and mist.


Sunday, Nov 13.  Had clear skies so a nice little sunrise peaking between the hills.  A bit warmer today.  I did not have any pressing cases this am so I took some dogs on their morning walks!  That was fun.
One of the caution signs near the park.


  One of the moms of the puppy pack climbed the fence to get back in with the pups. weaning will be difficult!  All the puppies want to be back together, but the big ones were really rough on the little ones.  There are not any open runs to move the moms to... just separation in the area they are in. Like I said... amazing to watch these dogs climb 5 and 6 foot fences!

The final day for this group of volunteers.

 Derrick came up to visit at lunch time.  Filled me in on more of what I will be doing in Burma.  It is really a scouting trip to determine what needs to be taken to properly care for these animals.  Time to work on a long list!  I will contact Cathy King to see if she can give me a little hand.  Amy Schroff, our WV liaison has sent me an initial list as well.

"The Platform" where we have all our meals and can use the internet
(most of the time!)


Did the final checks on four dogs that fly to their forever homes tomorrow!  They don't know how lucky they are!  They are heading off to the good life!


Some of the elephant night time enclosures.


 Today was the last day for the group of dog volunteers.  I will miss them!  The new group arrived this morning, went on a elephant walk, then joined our area.  Vicky and I sat in on the new dog volunteer orientation.  Volunteers from all over: Germany, USA, Portugal, UK, Australia, NZ... should be a fun, hard working group.  They will actually start working tomorrow.
"The Platform"

A couple of volunteers got pretty sick, and I started feeling it this afternoon.  So after the orientation, I went to bed for a while.  Skipped dinner... but hopefully will get over it quickly.  Definitely not as ill as the others!

That's it for now!

The map of the Global Pack: dogs that have been adopted from the park.
Can join their Facebook page ENP Global Pack.

Dogs available for adoption.

Can sign up to be a flight volunteer and take dogs back for adoption.


No comments:

Post a Comment