Saturday, November 26, 2016

Temples and Tails in the Old City

Wat Phantao


 Saturday, Nov 19.  Aaaaahhhhh, it was sooooo nice getting to sleep with air conditioning!  And: no barking dogs!
After breakfast I headed back into the old town to wander and see some temples.  I visited Wat Chiang Man and Wat Phantao and both were nice.

Pups need the serenity of Buddha as well.

The monks care for the dogs at the temples.


Wat Chedi Luang


Most of the temples are incredibly elaborate.


Fascinating ruins.

Then I found Wat Chedi Luang and it is fantastic!  It is one of the most popularsites.  My favorite part was the ruins behind the main, modern, temple.  Reminded me of the ruins in Siem Reap, Cambodia that we visited last year.




 At noon I met Naomi, a friend of Shannon (my executive assistant) who is traveling with her 13 year old daughter, Sarah.  They were blogging about life as they camped around the USA for six months, then spent a month in Italy and have been living in Chiang Mai since January!  What an incredible adventure for this mom and daughter!  We had a nice visit over a wonderful fruit smoothie.


The monks accept donations to care for the dogs.


Back to the hotel to clean up, then off for my Thai cooking class!
Watch for that on the next installment of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment